Why Advertise on the Campus Store Web Site
The University of Utah community, including the University Hospital, is made up of nearly 28,500 students, 2,750 faculty and 15,250 staff members. The University Campus Store and its satellite locations serve as a central point of interest on campus and in Medical Park. The University Campus Store provides many goods and services to the campus community including:
- University of Utah logo apparel and gifts, World Wide Headquarters
- Snacks, food, drinks and other convenience items
- Graduation regalia including caps and gowns, announcements and class rings
- Textbooks for all disciplines including medical, law and foreign
- Academically discounted computer solutions to on campus departments, students, faculty and staff
- Education/office supplies including mat cutting, specialty paper, electronics, art supplies, drafting supplies, pens, paper, etc.
- General reading books including computer books, faculty authors, hard to find books, academically oriented titles and a large selection of children's books
- Medical reference books and textbooks, stethoscopes, medical instruments and other medical supplies
- Full service Post Office
- Season ski passes to area resorts
- Prepaid domestic or international phone cards with low per minute rates
- University Campus Store gift cards
- UTA bus and TRAX schedules and passes
- Free on campus delivery services of items purchased from the Campus Store by campus departments
We have four physical locations
The main campus store is located centrally on the University’s lower campus, the Health Sciences store which is located near the University Hospital in the new Health Science Education Building, the 4th and Goal store is located in the A. Ray Oplin Union Building and the Utah Red Zone store is located at 10497 South State Street in Sandy Utah.
Our experience serving the University of Utah higher education market allows us and our vendor partners the opportunity to provide a targeted message directed at a specific market segment seeking to purchase specific items. We provide targeted promotions throughout the academic year based on our experience selling to our higher education customers.
We know what works in this unique environment.
42” flat panel display screens will be utilized for both in-store advertising of promotions and events and advertising to our vendor partners. Six displays will be strategically placed throughout the store to capture the attention of our customers as they shop. Advertising will run on a 20 minute loop and can include still images, streaming video and sound. Capture the customer’s attention quickly and effectively using this high profile marketing media. We will also have in-store lighted posters and external 24”x36” ad banners available as part of our marketing package.
We have recently updated our web site to be more attractive and user-friendly for our customers and are constantly adding more usable features that we believe will keep the campus community revisiting our site on a regular basis. An example of an added feature is the ability for students to order textbooks online; either hard copies or digital copies. Another added feature is the ability of the customer to click on your web ad and have a catalog of your products open. These added features have resulted in a substantial increase in the amount of customer traffic our web site sees daily. We have averaged over 500,000 hits per month on our web site during the past twelve months.
We can provide to our vendor partners a low cost program of marketing directly to the campus community. The cost is based on two separate marketing packages that utilize in-store television displays combined with other media forms. The marketing program can be committed to by quarter or on an annual basis. A yearly commitment at a discounted price is available.
For more information on how to advertise with the Campus Store, please contact the webmaster and feel free to browse our presentation (pdf ~1MB).
Special rates apply for University Departments.